Festival "Photoparade in Uglich" was opened in 2007 upon the initiative of the Department for tourism and international relations of the Administration of Uglich municipal district. Original name of photofestival – "Uglich – identity of Russian province" (as it was created for popularization of little touristic town of the Golden Ring of Russia).But the festival quickly began to enjoy wide popularity – number of participants, who wanted toshow their worth and to learn something new was increasing annually; photo business professionals showed interest in teaching others and/or showing their worth…
Within seven years festival in Uglich became a top performer in Russian photofestival movement.
Aim of the festival – creation of Russian central venue, uniting amateurs and professionals in the sphere of photo art and photojournalism and giving the possibility to make new talents known.
Festival lasts five days. Festival programme traditionally includes:
· Training programme: lectures, workshops, creative meetings with leading Russian photographers;
· Professional portfolio-review;
· Photography exhibitions of winners of International and Russian photo competitions and photo awards.
· Speed competitions on a given subject;
· Сompetition "Point on the map. Towns of the Russian province";
· Estimation of competitive works by jury;